Rules for using the library
- All students and staff of the college are members of the library.
- A student can borrow only two books at a time for a period of two weeks.
- Books will be issued to students, during the library periods. No book will be issued or returned during teaching hours.
- Making, underlying or writing on library book , periodicals, and newspapers is strictly forbidden.
- Reference books, current periodicals and newspapers will not be issued . These can be consulted read only in the library.
- After reading make sure that the reference books, periodicals and newspapers are kept back in their respective places.
- If the books are not returned within the specified time it will be viewed seriously and a fine Rs.1/- per day will be charged as per rules.
- The Librarian may call for a book at any time, even if the normal period of issue has not expired.
- In case a book is misused, wrongly handled or lost the person concerned will have to replace the book or pay the current market price of the book.
- The members should take good care of library furnishing and equipment. Make sure the library looks as good when you leave as it did when you came in.
- Eatables are not allowed in library.
- Library computer are for academic purpose only. Do not tamper with the computer settings. Follow the internet safety guidelines.
- A ’No Dues Certificate’ by each student is to be obtained from the librarian for his / her transfer/ withdrawal from the college.
- Strict decorum and silence shall be maintained in the library, always.
- If any dispute regarding books arises, the decisions of the Dean shall be final
No. of books in the library – 8867
No. of educational journals/ periodicals being subscribed – 15
No. of encyclopedias available in the library – 15
Total seating capacity in the library – 55